E is for... Envelopes


Once you have made one, you might as well make all 14 for a countdown to Valentine's Day. These fabric envelopes are charming.



What I Did: I rounded up all the reds & pinks & whites or cream color fabrics I could find in my fabric stash. I also selected a few buttons from my stash. Then I splurged and bought some seasonal Valentine's fabric from the store, and a few more buttons. I used a stiffer fusible interfacing that I already had rather than the fusible fleece that the tutorial suggests (see tutorial details below). And then I went for it. Any time there is a project where you make the same thing over and over again, and whatever it is, is "soooo cute!" I seem to really get into it, and I begin to imagine grand schemes of making what ever it is, for every sister-in-law and friend or neighbor I know! Usually I do not get that far and am mighty proud of completing one finished project. So here it is!

Inspiration & Tutorial Details: Thank you, Bev, from Flamingo Toes who is the featured sewing contributor to Kristyn's blog, Lil' Luna.  Click on either blog link to take you to Bev's tutorial and beautiful photos! I love the ideas Bev shares for love notes or acts of kindness ideas to place in each envelope!

By the way, here, Martha Stewart also shares a version of a fabric envelope tutorial. However, it does involve decoupage, which may or may not suit your fancy!